I took a break.
What’s funny is it was HARD.
To try and take a break for a month. And I ended up crowding the beginning of my break with “life” being crazy, so though I knew I needed a full month off I started back to work while having only really had a couple of scattered weeks off.
And it didn’t really work.
I started to feel the energy to start again about a week later than I’d let myself wait (the time I KNEW I should get back officially to work, when I made my plans).
But, but, but!
I am not DOING anything.
Things I ended up doing on my break:
- Hosting 3 different sets of houseguests
- finishing Christmas gifts
- Helping plan a house remodel
- Keeping an eye on remodelling people
- Reading books I’ve been meaning to read (including assigned book club books)
- finishing setting a new yarn
- frogging a project and then reknitting the yarn into something I actually liked
- cleaning out my clutter
All these good things. And probably mainly made possible (without insanity) by my “break”.
Who knew vacations were a skill to develop? I am going to know better for next year.
Or maybe for this summer. I sucked at this break so much I may have to do another one before I forget the lessons I needed to learn.